Published Apr 4, 2022
This workshop has concluded.
CLAYflicks subscribers can view the recording here!
Join Lisa Naples to explore where 2-D meets 3-D making sculptural animal cups! In this 2-hour workshop, Lisa will demonstrate how to make a slab-built mug and alter it to create lively animal imagery. While demonstrating, Lisa will discuss the placement of imagery, the nuances that separate a good mug from a great mug, and how to use slips and underglazes to enhance the sculptural elements of the piece.
You'll learn how to:
- Build a cylinder from a flat slab and sketch a two dimensional drawing on the surface!
- Push out the walls to accentuate your animal drawing and breathe life into the form!
- Add sculptural elements to further enhance the imagery!
- Make comfortable lips and handles that make people reach for your mugs again and again!
- Use slips and underglazes to add color and detail to your imagery!
And much more!
Registrants can access a recording of the video for 30 days following the event to revisit techniques! (Registrants will be emailed a video link within 48 hours of the webinar conclusion).
Questions about our webinars? See our Webinar FAQ!
Our Workshop from Home webinars are just like in-person workshops, except you are guaranteed a front-row seat! Ask questions throughout, or during the Question & Answer session at the end.
You'll also receive a link to the PDF resource document. Plus, one lucky attendee will win this mug!