NEW! To read about how we've enhanced the digital experience for online and tablet subscribers, click here.
Thank you to the supporters of the April 2023 issue of Ceramics Monthly.
Ceramics Monthly Archive
About Ceramics Monthly
Ceramics Monthly is your window to the world of studio ceramics. Launched in 1953, it is largest-circulated and most comprehensive publication dedicated to sharing ideas, discoveries, and information within the ceramic arts field.
Readers are motivated to constantly refine their artwork, expand their skill set, build their careers, and connect with other creative people.
Ceramics Monthly addresses these broad interests and needs holistically, with first-person stories of studio life, and with coverage of work and ceramic techniques by a diverse range of contemporary artists.
Our readers strive to learn from the seasoned artists we cover in our pages. Ceramics Monthly readers are drawn to stories and information that spark creativity, and they search out creative tips and studio hacks for saving time and money. They turn our pages to be informed, connected and inspired.
Subscribe to Ceramics Monthly to:
- Gain new pottery-making skills and ceramic techniques that will open new creative doors
- Explore the way ceramics and culture intersect in exciting, innovative ways
- Read about new glaze recipes, tools, and other essentials shared by top ceramic artists
- Broaden your artistic horizons by seeing what’s hot in galleries and museums right now
- Learn valuable strategies for marketing your work, competing for juried show prizes, and gaining entry to ceramics galleries
- Enhance your art, simplify your processes, and enjoy the fellowship of the world’s largest community of ceramic artists
Like you, Ceramics Monthly’s readers (and editors!) are actively engaged in producing handmade functional pottery, sculpture, and tile. The artists featured in the magazine are innovators, teachers, entrepreneurs, and studio owners. Every month, you’ll benefit from the skill, artistry, wisdom, and experience of this impressive collective of ceramic arts experts.
A Ceramics Monthly Subscription gives you access to:
- Interviews and discussions of work by contemporary artists
- Studio techniques from accomplished artists on forming, glazing, and decorating
- Practical studio tips shared by potters—from making your own tools to mastering specific techniques
- Recipes for clay and glazes from the artists featured in the issue
- Conversations with artists on sparking creativity, overcoming challenges, helping others, running a business, and having fun in the studio
Subscribe to Ceramics Monthly today!
Want more? Select an ICAN Gold Membership and get everything you see here ... PLUS an All-Access subscription to Pottery Making Illustrated, a subscription to our exclusive CLAYflicks video streaming service, a subscription to Ceramic Recipes, our exclusive online database of glaze recipes, and other member benefits. See the full list of ICAN benefits here.