Thank you to the supporters of the January/February 2023 issue of Pottery Making Illustrated.
Pottery Making Illustrated Archive
Join artists and enthusiasts all over the world who rely on Pottery Making Illustrated to teach, inspire, and help them become better ceramic artists.
One of the most exciting things about being a ceramic artist is that there is ALWAYS room to grow. In pottery making, there is always something new to learn, always something to discover. And the best part is, potters and ceramic artists are some of the most generous people out there when it comes to sharing their pottery techniques.
Case in point: Pottery Making Illustrated. In every issue of Pottery Making Illustrated, both up-and-coming and established potters and ceramic artists share their techniques, tips, and information for the studio in a beautifully illustrated format.
Find the best pottery techniques in every issue.
Whether you are relatively new to ceramics, or you’re a professional artist, you will always find something to inspire you or help you solve a problem in your studio when you peruse the pages of Pottery Making Illustrated. With articles on throwing, handbuilding, sculpture, decorating, and firing, Pottery Making Illustrated covers every aspect of the studio ceramic process. In each new issue, you’ll find:
- Up-to-date information on tools, supplies, and materials for the ceramic studio
- Fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions on exciting pottery techniques from some of the most talented artists working today
- New glaze recipes to help you develop the best surfaces for your work
- The center of every issue offers the Tear-Out-and-Try Poster featuring great pottery techniques that you can hang on your studio walls
Since the first issue was published in 1998, the magazine has filled a much-needed spot in the world of ceramic art by offering studio potters timely information on materials, techniques, supplies, and equipment. Like you, Pottery Making Illustrated’s editors are actively engaged in producing handmade functional pottery, sculpture, and tile so they know what kind of information potters and ceramic artists need. In each issue, you’ll benefit from content picked for you by artists just like you.
Subscribing to Pottery Making Illustrated gives you access to:
- Start-to-finish pottery techniques from accomplished artists on wheel throwing, handbuilding, glazing, decorating, raku firing, slip casting, tile making, and so much more
- Professional studio tips
- Glaze recipes and decorating ideas to help you spruce up your surfaces
- Studio health and safety information plus savvy business and selling information to help you get your pots out into the world
- In the Potter’s Kitchen department in every issue, featuring a wide range of functional pottery projects, along with culinary recipes for the food that goes in the pots
- Pottery Illustrated department in every issue, featuring professional illustrations highlighting aspects of throwing, handbuilding, decorating, history, or culture
Want more? Select an ICAN Gold Membership and get everything you see here ... PLUS an All-Access subscription to Ceramics Monthly, a subscription to our exclusive CLAYflicks video streaming service, a subscription to Ceramic Recipes, our exclusive online database of glaze recipes, and other member benefits. See the full list of ICAN benefits here.