Apply to be in the 2018 Wall Calendars!
Submissions are due October 26th at 5 pm EST.
Only 10 days left!
It’s that time of year again for the members’ popular Wall Calendar contest! The ICAN Calendars are a great way for you to get your work in print and up on other member’s studio walls. The ICAN Calendar call for entries is members-only, exclusive contest, so mark your calendars and submit your work!
Calendar submission is FREE and is juried by the editorial staff from Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated! Submissions start October 5th and end on October 26th. Winners will be notified directly by email.
This year’s categories include:
- Functional—including all forms of functional pottery and even pots in action
- Sculptural—including figurative, abstract, and architectural
- Pots with Flowers—Be creative, the flowers don’t have to be in a vase!
- General Entry—If you have a ceramic piece you want to show off but it doesn’t fit in one of the categories above, this is the category for you!
File requirements for a printed calendar image are:
300 ppi, at least 8.5 x 11 in., tif or jpg, rgb or cmyk, uncropped.
If the images are over 25 mb, they can put them in a folder and zip the folder.
Instructions for zipping:
Zip your files from a Windows Explorer folder
1. Open a folder window.
2. Find and select the files and/or folders you want to zip.
3. Right-click the highlighted area.
4. In the WinZip sub-menu, choose either: Add to [filename].zip(x)
You can use this to create zip files of files, folders, or both:
1. Locate the items to zip in the Mac Finder (file system)
2. Right-click on a file, folder, or files you want to zip.
3. Select “Compress Items”
4. Find the newly created .zip archive in the same directory.
We use professional-quality digital images as uncompressed four-color (CMYK), 300 ppi image files (tiff format), with a minimum print size of 5 inches (or 2000 pixels at 300 ppi).You may submit up 3 photos, but they do not need to be all in the same category. For example, Photo 1 in Abstract Sculptural, Photo 2 and 3 in Pots with Flowers.
Photos MUST be saved as: category.lastname.firstname.phototitle. (For example, potswithflowers.goring.holly.oliveratwork.) Photos not submitted in this format will NOT be considered.
PDF form and photos must be emailed to email@example.com with subject line, “2018 Calendar Submission.”