Ceramics in Ireland:
October 7–18, 2021
Ireland’s history dates back to 6,000 BC and with its breathtaking landscapes, rocky shorelines, vibrant cities, and historical sights, there is something for everyone. Cozy pubs, welcoming locals, and green landscapes as far as the eye can see—experience everything the Emerald Isle has to offer on the ICAN tour to Ireland. This Ireland tours takes you on a guided bus that meanders through various regions of Ireland, from the serene and peaceful Irish countryside to the urban dynamo that is Dublin. The tours offer luxury hotels, unique Irish activities, and a dedicated tour guide. This is a terrific way to see the sites and build lifelong friendships often forged during the ICAN journey.
In addition to the cultural tour throughout Ireland, ICAN has partnered with Kinsale Pottery and Art Center to host five days of exclusive hands-on ceramic workshops at the art center’s charming studios. Each workshop will feature a different professional artist with a unique technique designed to introduce ICAN ceramic artists to contemporary Irish ceramic art being made today. To accompany the workshops, two additional ceramic artists will give evening lectures about their art to the group.
"I cannot rate this tour too highly. It was well planned and an inspiring journey." —2018 ICAN Tour of Tuscany participant.
- City tour of Dublin including: The Book of Kells on display in Trinity Library, Trinity College and the National Museum of Ireland
- Museum of Newbridge Silverware
- Kilkenny: Kilkenny Castle and the National Craft Gallery Cork
- Jameson Old Midleton Whiskey Distillery
- Blarney Castle: including the stone, the gardens, Blarney Woolen Mills, the largest Irish craft shop in all of Ireland, and the surrounding area of Blarney village
- Cahir with a guided visit of Cahir Castle
- For the potters:
- Five days of hands-on ceramic workshops in Kinsale with five professional ceramic artists
- Two evening ceramic lectures
- Meet members of the Society of Cork Potters at the Lavit Gallery
- For the non-potters:
- Fota House and Cobh Heritage town
- Guided tour of the Titanic Experience Museum
- Clonakilty and Timoleague Abbey
- DromBeg Stone Circle
- Viking settlement of Crosshaven and Camden Fort
- Optional: Lusitania Memorial Center and Ringfinnan 9/11 Garden of Remembrance
Lodging (4 hotels)
Jurys Inn, Christchurch (2 nights)
8 Christchurch Pl Wood Quay, Dublin
Phone: +34 935 52 96 96
Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny (1 night)
Patrick Street Kilkenny
Phone: +353 56 778 3500
Kinsale Actons Hotel (7 nights)
Pier Road Kinsale Co. Cork
Phone: + 353 (0) 21 4779900
Dunboyne Castle Hotel (1 night)
Maynooth Road Dunboyne Co. Meath
Phone: +353 1 801 3500
Included in the Registration:
- Lodging: 11 nights at bed and breakfast hotels
- All transfers to and from Dublin Airport by coach at a specified group meeting time
- Ground transportation: Luxury coach and professional driver for 13 days; transport from all hotels and venues at scheduled pick times.
- Ireland certified guide for 12 days
- Meals: 12 breakfasts; 3 group lunches; 3 group dinners
- Workshop facilities for potters with local ceramic artists. Artist workshops will provide a well-organized studio, clay, use of equipment, and all necessary clay tools.
- Entrance fees to venues to include (for potters and/or non-potters: see full itinerary for specific tour tracts), Trinity College/the Book of Kells, Museum of Archaeology, National Craft Gallery, Lusitania Center, Charles Fort, Kilkenny Castle, Jameson Distillery, Blarney Castle, Fota House, Titanic Museum, Camden Fort, Cahir Castle.
- Activities for non-potters during the times/events of ceramic workshops for potters
Not Included in the Registration:
- 17 meals
- Incidentals incurred at hotels
- Travel insurance
- Packing and shipping of ceramic pieces.
One-Time Payment (Pay in Full):
|Single Room: Potter||$4600|
|Double Room(per-person occupancy): Potter||$4400|
|Double Room(per-person occupancy): Non-Potter||$4500|
No Refund after July 7, 2021. Please see our cancellation terms below. Limited single rooms available. IMPORTANT NOTE: The One-time Payment (Pay in Full) option will incur a non-refundable $250 Ireland administration fee should you decide to cancel before July 7, 2021. Pay-Over-Time (Payment Plan):
|Single Room: Potter||$4800|
|Double Room(per-person occupancy): Potter||$4600|
|Double Room(per-person occupancy): Non Potter||$4700|
No Refund after July 7, 2021. Please see our cancellation terms below. Limited single rooms available. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Pay-Over-Time / Payment Plan option requires a non-refundable $500 deposit due at the time of registration. Payments will be automatically deducted per the following payment schedule. Pay-Over-Time (Payment Plan Schedule):
|Non-Refundable Deposit||$500 — Non-Refundable/Due at the time of Registration|
|2nd Payment||25% of total fee — Due April 1, 2021|
|3rd Payment||25% of total fee — Due May 1, 2021|
|Final Payment||Remainder of Balance — Due June 1, 2020|
For the sake of simplicity, the 2nd and 3rd payments will be rounded up to the nearest $10. The final payment will deduct the exact balance owed on the June 1, 2021, deadline. Participants who elect to take part in the Pay-Over-Time option will be sent an invoice for each interim payment and for the final payment. Registration Process and Terms:
1. Questions and Payment: To ask a question about the tour or to make a payment to register, contact the ICAN Manager, Holly Goring, directly. Please DO NOT email your credit card information to us. Holly Goring, ICAN Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Tel.: 1-614-895-4213
2. Confirmation: Once we process your initial payment, you will receive an email confirming your reserved spot on the tour. Reminder: The Early Bird (Pay in Full) and One-Time Payment (Pay in Full) requires a non-refundable $250 deposit due at the time of registration. The Pay-Over-Time option requires a non-refundable $500 deposit due at the time of registration.
3. Required Documentation: After your reservation has been confirmed, you will need to provide the following documents to the ICAN Manager in order for you to participate in the tour:
a) A completed Registration Form (provided by us)
b) A completed Emergency Contact Form (provided by us)
c) A completed Liability Waiver (provided by us)
d) A color, scanned legible copy of your passport (A color photocopy can also be mailed to the ICAN Manager via regular mail)
4. Airline Tickets: We advise that you do not book non-refundable flights or other services until the tour has filled the minimum number of required participants. Once the tour has met that minimum requirement, you will be notified immediately and will be encouraged to book your flights at that time.
5. The ICAN member discount only applies to products in the Ceramic Arts Network Shop and cannot be applied to this international tour.
6. ICAN does not provide travel insurance to registered guests.
1. Tour Cancellation and Refunds: In the event that the tour be cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons beyond our control, all tour-related deposits and payments made previously by you will be refunded back to you.
2. Personal Cancellation and Refunds: If for some reason you register for the tour and later determine you will not be able to participate, you must notify the ICAN Manager in writing. Any payments made up to that point will be refunded up to July 8, 2020. No Refunds after July 8, 2020. Notification of your cancellation after the deadline will result in a forfeiture of any payments made to that point. Note that this clause does apply to any deposits made.
3. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving the trip early.
Communication Leading Up to Departure: Once registered, tour participants will receive regular communication from the ICAN Manager with details about the event. All you’ll have to do is relax and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime trip! We hope you can join us!
"This tour was an inspirational highlight of my life. I can't wait to go on anther one!" —2018 ICAN Tour participant.
For pictures from other past trips, visit on our Events Gallery Page page!