Published Jan 13, 2021
This workshop has concluded.
CLAYflicks subscribers can view the recording here!
Delve into the entire process of bringing narrative illustration to life on functional ceramics with Carole Epp! Over the course of this 2-hour all-demonstration workshop there will be discussions of design elements and color theory as it applies to surface and object design, as well as the how-tos of storytelling. Plus detailed handbuilding, Mishima, and underglaze painting techniques will be shown.
Carole Epp will teach you how to:
- Handbuild a plate using found-object slump molds
- Use the Mishima process to bring a variety of styles of illustration to life on your work
- Create beautiful narrative surfaces using design elements and color theory
- Use underglazes like watercolors to create depth and visual interest in your illustrations
- Translate your ideas into interesting visual narratives
Our Workshop from Home webinars are just like in-person workshops, except you are guaranteed a front-row seat! Ask questions throughout, or during the Question & Answer session at the end. Subscribe to the Ceramic Arts Network Daily Newsletter to hear about upcoming webinars!