The new members-only ICAN Online Exhibitions are a great opportunity for ICAN members to show their work to a growing audience of ceramics enthusiasts. Contest finalists will be featured here, on the Ceramic Arts Network website for an 8-week exhibition while being promoted by ICAN to a global network of potters and sculptors. Each accepted piece may be offered for sale through the exhibition website. ICAN Online Exhibitions, held twice a year, are open to current ICAN members only.
New call for entry:
Join the ICAN members-only Holiday Cup Show!
Show the world what you’ve been up to in the studio and submit your best cup or mug to the 2nd annual ICAN Holiday Cup Show. Send us images of your cups (mugs, yunomis, teacups, chalices, and tumblers accepted too!) now for the chance to win a feature article in Pottery Making Illustrated and the opportunity to sell your winning pieces on the Ceramic Arts Network website! With your ICAN membership, you can expand the reach of your artwork globally!
Dates to know:
- Submission Deadline: October 31, 2021
- Exhibition Dates: November 11–January 8, 2022
Prizes and opportunities:
- Best in Show: A feature in Pottery Making Illustrated.
- All finalist’s images will be shown online in the ICAN Exhibition Gallery. Following the conclusion of the show, they will be stored permanently online in the ICAN Exhibition Archives.
- All accepted pieces will have the option to be for sale on the ICAN website for the duration of the exhibition!
The 2021 ICAN 2nd Annual Holiday Exhibition contest is open to all current and new ICAN members. All entries must be constructed primarily of clay. Juried from digital images only. A maximum of three entries per member can be submitted.
All entries must be submitted through Submittable. No late entries accepted.
Only a $10 administrative entry fee!
- The ICAN Online Exhibition is open to all current ICAN members that are 18 years of age or older.
- Members can submit up to 3 high-resolution (300 ppi) digital images of different artwork that are at least 2500 pixels in the largest dimension (or at least 5×7 inches when printed). *Please be sure that when you submit your images of work that the ceramic artwork fills the frame and that the background does not distract from the artwork.
- All entries must be completed through this Submittable form. All other entries will not be accepted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration, and upload up to 2 images of each piece of artwork.
- A $10 Submittable processing fee will be charged for each person’s submission ($10 for three entries).
- Artists must provide complete caption information for each image, including: title, dimensions, materials, firing temperature, and date created.
- All entries must be constructed primarily of clay.
- All submitted work for sale must be marked with a price, including prep and shipping, excluding international entries. Please put NFS on your captions if you do not wish to have the art work for sale. Purchased artwork can only be shipped to the US and Canada at this time. Members from outside of the US and Canada can still participate, but their items will not be made available for sale due to shipping restrictions.
- Artists must have a PayPal account in order for payments to be processed.
- All artwork for sale must remain available for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The artwork sold must be the exact same piece entered into the contest.
- If sold through ICAN and the Online Exhibition, the artwork should be prepared for professional shipment by the artist. Artists are responsible for the cost of preparing and shipping selected work(s) to the buyer.
- Artists are responsible for their own insurance for shipping should their piece be sold. Artists must provide ICAN with confirmation of shipment within 5 business days of the artwork being sold.
The cost of entering the contest is an administrative fee of $10 USD for up to 3 images. All major credit cards and PayPal are acceptable payments.
Pricing and Sales Commission
Artists are free to set the price on their artwork, as well as shipping and handling. Artists will receive a commission of 70% of the selling price for their work sold during the exhibition, while ICAN will retain 30% commission.
The Selling Process
Available artwork will be listed on a first come, first served basis. Buyers will email ICAN (email@example.com) to select a piece for purchase. Once the payment is received from the Buyer by ICAN, ICAN will inform the Artist to ship the item. Buyer must be in town for duration of shipment. Once the item is received in good condition by the Buyer, ICAN will transfer the sales commission directly to the Artist. Should the purchased item be received by the Buyer broken or in an altered condition, ICAN will refund the Buyer the full purchase price unless a resolution can be brokered between the Buyer and Seller.
ICAN’s spring online exhibition is now in the archive!
The 2021 ICAN Online Juried Exhibition: Flair with Dinnerware gallery is closed! We received so many creative submissions from ICAN members all around the world. And 15 incredible pieces have been selected, including 2 Co-Best in Show winners! The gallery has been moved to the ICAN Online Exhibition Archive. Thank you so much to all the winners that were chosen for the show and everyone who visited the gallery!