A Message About COVID-19 and the Omicron Variant: In the unlikely event that the tour be cancelled due to reasons beyond our control, all tour-related deposits and payments made previously by you will be refunded back to you. This includes changes to international travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since this is the first time ICAN will be traveling to Morocco, we expect strong interest in this tour. Our advice is to sign-up to secure your spot now, and we’ll monitor the travel situation and keep you informed.
Splendors of Morocco!
October 11, 2022
Travel Morocco and discover the world of pottery, ceramics, and zellige (traditional mosaic). This tour will traverse Morocco from the capital city of Rabat to the ancient Medina of Fes in the North, then to the imperial city of Marrakech before crossing the High Atlas Mountains to the Sahara in the South. Visiting museums, busy souks (markets), and traditional artisans working in clay, we will experience the wonderful world of Morocco. During this cultural tour with a focus on exploring Moroccan ceramics, you will gather ideas and inspiration for your work, visiting renowned regions known for their unique traditional styles such as Fes, Saﬁ, Skoura Oasis, and Tamegroute.
Highlights of the tour include hands-on workshops: experience intricate and decorative glazing designs in Fes and at the edge of the Sahara we work with a traditional artisan to handbuild pieces with local clay, which will be fired in a traditional wood kiln.
We will end each day in luxurious, traditional guesthouses, and even an overnight luxury, desert camp in the Sahara while we wait for our pots to dry! You will enjoy the extraordinary delights of Amazigh (Berber) food and hospitality, including a traditional music performance. The warmth and good humor of the Moroccan people is immense, and the insights into the Islamic world, Amazigh spirituality, and contemporary life is fascinating. Traveling with a group of like-minded people and an experienced team of co-hosts, you’ll be joining a program that oﬀers an innovative and creative way to explore a new place that is stimulating, supportive, and safe.
- Hands-on ceramic glazing workshop in the world-renowned Fes Pottery district
- Hands-on handbuilding pottery and wood ﬁring at Ouled Arabia pottery in Skoura Oasis
- Pottery demonstrations in Saﬁ and Tamegroutte
- Visit the Yves St Laurent Jardin Majorelle and the Musee Berbere
- Dar Si Said Historic House and National Textiles Museum
- Day trip to Saﬁ National Ceramics Museum and pottery district
- UNESCO World heritage Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou
- Ouled Driss Kasbah Museum
- Traditional Amazigh (Berber) weaving workshops
- Guided tours of Fes and Marrakech Medinas
- The Roman ruins and mosaics of Volubilis
- Tours of Morocco’s traditional artisan workshops: wood, leather, metal, ceramics, textiles, and more
- Spectacular landscape of the High Atlas Mountains and Sahara
- Skoura Oasis and the Draa Valley Oasis
- Erg Chigaga dunes and luxury camp
- Traditional architecture; Amazigh (Berber) Adobe Ksars and Kasbahs; Islamic traditional riads and palaces
Included in the Registration:
- A small, friendly group of up to 24 ceramic artists and guests
- Experienced local guides who speak Arabic, Berber, French, and English
- Curated itinerary focused on ceramic arts and Moroccan culture by professional Moroccan tour guides
- Private air-conditioned transport with driver
- 14 nights accommodations in luxury, traditional guest houses
- Workshop materials/ ceramic supplies
- Airport transfer on first day from Casablanca to Rabat
- Airport transfer on last day from hotel to Marrakech airport
- All tours and admissions covering group sightseeing events
- Meals: 15 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 9 group dinners (includes water and Moroccan mint tea)
Not Included in the Registration:
- Air flights to and from Morocco (arrive in Casablanca, depart Marrakech)
- 12 lunches, 6 dinners
- Travel and health insurance (compulsory for this tour in Morocco)
- Beverages including alcohol, mineral water, and soft drinks
- Personal expenses and personal purchases
- Shipping expenses [for any purchased items or ceramics you make]
- Pre and post-tour accommodation
Pre and post-tour airport transfers
One-Time Payment (Pay in Full), on or after December 20, 2021:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The One-Time Payment (Pay in Full) option will incur a non-refundable $250 administration fee should you decide to cancel before May 20, 2022. No Refund after May 20, 2022. This means that should you cancel your participation before the cancellation deadline, we will retain $250 from your original payment. Please see our cancellation terms below.
Pay-Over-Time (Payment Plan) on or after December 20, 2021:
Double Room (per-person occupancy): $6,200
Single Room Supplement (SINGLE ROOMS SOLD OUT): $900
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Pay-Over-Time / Payment Plan option requires a non-refundable $500 deposit due at the time of registration. No Refund after May 20, 2022. This means that should you cancel your participation before the cancellation deadline, we will retain $500 from any payments you made to us. Please see our cancellation terms below.
Payments will be automatically deducted per the following payment schedule:
Pay-Over-Time (Payment Plan Schedule):
Participants who elect to take part in the Pay-Over-Time option will be sent a receipt for each interim payment and for the final payment.
Tour rates DO cover your lodging, local ground transportation, tour activities, and some meals.
Tour rates do NOT cover airfare, travel and health insurance (compulsory), hotel incidentals, and some meals. See the official itinerary for details. All rates are in US dollars.
Registration Process and Terms
1. Questions and Payment:
To ask a question about the tour or to make a payment to register, contact the ICAN Manager, Holly Goring, directly.
Direct Tel.: 1-614-895-4213
Once we successfully process your initial payment, your space on the tour is officially reserved. You will also receive an email confirming your spot with a receipt.
3. Required Documentation:
After your reservation has been confirmed, you will need to provide the following documents to the ICAN Manager in order for you to participate in the tour:
- A completed Registration Form (provided by us)
- A proof of Travel Insurance Form (provided by us)
- A completed Emergency Contact Form (provided by us)
- A completed Liability Waiver (provided by us)
4. Airline Tickets:
Once we’ve confirmed your spot on the tour, we advise that you do not to book non-refundable flights or other services until the tour has filled the minimum number of required participants. If we do not achieve the minimum number of participants, we will not be able to organize the tour and your payment(s) will be refunded in full. However, once the tour has met that minimum requirement, you will be notified immediately and will be encouraged to book your flights at that time. Important Note: Given the uncertainty of global travel in the time of COVID-19, we highly suggest that you buy a refundable airline ticket for this tour.
5. The ICAN member discount only applies to products in the Ceramic Arts Network Shop and cannot be applied to this international tour.
6. ;All registered guests must be 21 years or older.
7. ICAN does not provide travel or health insurance to registered guests. However, as stated above, travel and health insurance is compulsory to take part in the ICAN Morocco tour.
We will require each guest to provide:
- Insurance provider company name
- ;Policy number
- 24 hour international contact number
8. COVID-19 vaccinations are required to enter the Kingdom of Morocco. You will be required to show proof of vaccination. Additional information pertaining to COVID-19 boosters and testing will be sent to participants leading up to departure. If you are unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, your spot on the tour will be cancelled and you will be subject to the terms of our cancellation policy.
1. Tour Cancellation and Refunds: In the unlikely event that the tour is cancelled due to low enrollment or other reasons beyond our control (such as changing COVID-19 regulations), all tour-related deposits and payments made previously by you will be refunded back to you. This includes on-going travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If for some reason you register for the tour and later determine you will not be able to participate, you must notify the ICAN Manager in writing. Any payments made up to that point will be refunded up to May 20, 2022. No Refunds after May 20, 2022. Notification of your cancellation after the deadline will result in a forfeiture of any payments made to that point. Note that this clause does apply to any deposits or admin fees made.
3. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving the trip early.
Communication Leading Up to Departure:
Once registered, tour participants will receive regular communication from the ICAN Manager with details about the event. All you’ll have to do is relax and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime trip! We hope you can join us!
To ask questions, or reserve a spot, contact the ICAN manager directly:
550 Polaris Parkway, Suite 510
Westerville, OH 43082
"This tour was an inspirational highlight of my life. I can't wait to go on anther one!"—2018 ICAN Tour participant.
For pictures from other past trips, visit on our Events Gallery Page page!
Holly Goring, ICAN Manager
- Main: 1-614-895-4213