Published Apr 26, 2021
This workshop has concluded.
CLAYflicks subscribers can view the recording here!
Brought to you with support from:
For a Special Discount visit DiamondCoreTools.com and enter DCTCLAY at check out.
Explore the possibilities of soft slab construction and bisque molds!
This two-hour, all-demonstration workshop with Amy Sanders will cover the entire process of creating a noodle bowl: From adding stamped surface decoration to the blank canvas of a slab, building the form, adding color and surface sheen with terra sigillata, and finishing with patina and glaze.
You'll also learn how to:
- Handbuild a bowl using a bisque drape mold
- Utilize stamps to create a composition with textures
- Consider a variety of solutions for the foot of the bowl that is harmonious with the form and its function
- Add an additional slab rim to the bowl to increase interior volume
- Use terra sigillata to add color and wonderful buttery sheen to the surface
- Finish the surface with patina and glaze
This workshop is geared toward artists of all skill levels. Participants who would like to work along at home should have the following tools available: Knife, metal rib, needle tool, serrated rib, favorite texture tools, and a hump mold. A banding wheel would also be helpful.
Our Workshop from Home webinars are just like in-person workshops, except you are guaranteed a front-row seat! Ask questions throughout, or during the Question & Answer session at the end.
You'll also receive a link to the PDF resource document in your registration email that includes a list of Amy's favorite tools, her terra sigillata and glaze recipes, and helpful information about her firing temperatures and clay body!