Mike Jabbur – Cantilevered Teapot
Mike Jabbur creates teapots that are unique and unlike any other teapot you’ve probably ever seen. In this video he demonstrates the throwing and complex assembly techniques he uses for one of these signature teapots. Throughout his demonstration, he provides details on everything from his signature cantilevered forms to his ...(Scroll for more.)
You save $4.99 (50%)!
Runtime: 1 hour
Sneak a peek!
Purchased downloads are available to download for three days. Video files are compatible with Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player, and most other current video players. They are delivered as zip files containing the video files, and they require a broadband Internet connection to download (at 4 Mbps, this file can take 30–45 minutes to download.). Do not attempt with a dial-up connection.
…striking lid handles. His easy-to-follow instructions lead you step-by-step through each element that will likely provide inspiration for a signature form you may want to try.
Skills you’ll pick up from watching Mike’s Teapot video
- How to throw a dramatic cantilevered form
- How to throw with tight controlbut alter the form with loose gestural marks
- How to make a simple lid seat with a chamois and a credit card
- How to make a well-fitted lid
- How to throw and alter a spout for gesture and optimal function
- How to make a lid catch
- How to make an elegant handle without much water
- How to make and use a bisque trimming chuck for narrow-necked delicate forms
- Plus, scores of tool tips and advice from an experienced pro