Lorna Meaden – Watering Can
Lorna Meaden is an expert at creating elegant wheel-thrown forms. In this video she leads you an easy-to-follow step-by-step process for creating her signature watering can, which incorporates several parts that have to go together to create a cohesive functional piece. If you’re interested in making complex composite ...(Scroll for more.)
You save $4.99 (50%)!
Runtime: 46 minutes
Sneak a peek!
Purchased downloads are available to download for three days. Video files are compatible with Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player, and most other current video players. They are delivered as zip files containing the video files, and they require a broadband Internet connection to download (at 4 Mbps, this file can take 30–45 minutes to download.). Do not attempt with a dial-up connection.
…forms, but don’t know where to start, this video provides a wealth of information concerning design elements and the proper timing for construction. Understanding the nuances of making complicated pieces provides a springboard for you to successfully create your own variations or totally new designs.
Skills you’ll pick up watching Lorna’s Watering Can video:
- How to throw tall forms
- How to throw efficiently throw off the hump to maximize efficiency
- How to use a blow torch to make difficult forms easier
- How to build successful composite forms in which all parts work together aesthetically and ergonomically
- How to use plastic to aid in handbuilding with thin slabs
- How to use paper templates
- How to make a complicated-looking (but easy-to-make!) handle
- Tips for proper spout placement on spouted vessels
- How to incorporate a wire handle