Deadline extension for ICAN Online Juried Exhibition:
The ICAN members voted in a recent survey for the next ICAN Online Juried Exhibition theme, and the results are in….it was a three-way tie! So, we decided to combine all the winning ideas into one exciting new winter show titled: Holiday Entertaining! Submit to this members-only contest showcasing your favorite handmade objects that make us all think of the holidays and spending time with family and friends: serving dishes, cookie plates, and holiday ornaments.
Dates to know:
- NEW! Submission Deadline: November 22, 2020, 11:59 PM EST
- NEW! Exhibition Dates: December 5–January 15, 2021
Prizes and opportunities:
- Best in Show: A feature in Pottery Making Illustrated.
- All finalist’s images will be shown online in the ICAN Exhibition Gallery. Following the conclusion of the show, they will be stored permanently online in the ICAN Exhibition Archives.
- All accepted pieces will have the option to be for sale on the ICAN website for the duration of the exhibition!
The 2020 ICAN Online Juried Exhibition Holiday Entertaining! contest is open to all current and new ICAN members. All entries must be constructed primarily of clay. Juried from digital images only. A maximum of three entries per member.
All entries must be submitted through Submittable. No late entries accepted.
Only a $10 administrative entry fee!
Contest policies & how to submit:
- The ICAN Online Juried Exhibition is open to all current ICAN members that are 18 years of age or older.
- Members can submit up to 3 high-resolution (300 ppi) digital images of different artwork that are at least 2500 pixels in the largest dimension (or at least 5×7 inches in print size). *Please be sure that when you submit you images of work that the ceramic artwork fills the frame and that the background is simple without distractions.
- All entries must be completed through this Submittable form. All other entries will not be accepted.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration, and upload up to 2 images of each piece of artwork.
- A $10 Submittable processing fee will be charged for each person’s submission ($10 for three entries).
- Artists must provide complete caption information for each image, including: title, price (put NFS for work you don’t wish to sell), dimensions, materials, firing temperature, and date created.
- All entries must be constructed primarily of clay.
- All submitted work must be for sale, excluding international entries. Purchased artwork can only be shipped to the US and Canada at this time. Members from outside of the US and Canada can still participate, but their items will not be made available for sale.
- Artists must have a PayPal account in order for payments to be processed.
- All artwork for sale must remain available for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The artwork sold must be the exact same piece entered into the contest.
- If sold through ICAN and the Online Juried Exhibition, the artwork should be prepared for professional shipment by the artist. Artists are responsible for cost of preparing and shipping selected work(s) to the buyer.
- Artists are responsible for their own insurance for shipping should their piece be sold. Artists must provide ICAN with confirmation of shipment within 5 business days of the artwork being sold.
The cost of entering Holiday Entertaining! is an administrative fee of $10 USD for up to 3 images. All major credit cards and PayPal are acceptable payments.
Pricing and Sales
Commission Artists are free to set the price on their artwork. Artists will receive a commission of 70% of the selling price for their work sold during the exhibition, while ICAN will retain a 30% commission.
The Selling Process
Available artwork will be listed on a first come, first served basis. Buyers will need to email ICAN (email@example.com) to select a piece for purchase. Once the payment is received from the Buyer by ICAN, ICAN will inform the Artist to ship the item. Once the item is received in good condition by the Buyer, ICAN will transfer the sales commission directly to the Artist. Should the purchased item be received by the Buyer broken or in an altered condition, ICAN will refund the Buyer the full purchase price unless a resolution can be brokered between the Buyer and Seller.
Questions about your application? For questions about submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Exhibition – CLOSED
The Spring Form exhibition has ended.
Exhibition archive for the past ICAN Juried Exhibitions.
Questions for the Online Juried Exhibition.
Questions about getting started? Drop us a line to find out more!
Email Emily Arbogast, Content and Membership Coordinator, with any questions: email@example.com.