Ceramics in Ireland:
October 7–18, 2021
Ireland’s history dates back to 6,000 BC and with its breathtaking landscapes, rocky shorelines, vibrant cities, and historical sights, there is something for everyone. Cozy pubs, welcoming locals, and green landscapes as far as the eye can see—experience everything the Emerald Isle has to offer on the ICAN tour to Ireland. This Ireland tours takes you on a guided bus that meanders through various regions of Ireland, from the serene and peaceful Irish countryside to the urban dynamo that is Dublin. The tours offer luxury hotels, unique Irish activities, and a dedicated tour guide. This is a terrific way to see the sites and build lifelong friendships often forged during the ICAN journey.
In addition to the cultural tour throughout Ireland, ICAN has partnered with Kinsale Pottery and Art Center to host five days of exclusive hands-on ceramic workshops at the art center’s charming studios. Each workshop will feature a different professional artist with a unique technique designed to introduce ICAN ceramic artists to contemporary Irish ceramic art being made today. To accompany the workshops, two additional ceramic artists will give evening lectures about their art to the group.
“I cannot rate this tour too highly. It was well planned and an inspiring journey.” —2018 ICAN Tour of Tuscany participant.
Limited Spaces Available!
- City tour of Dublin including: The Book of Kells on display in Trinity Library, Trinity College and the National Museum of Ireland
- Museum of Newbridge Silverware
- Kilkenny: Kilkenny Castle and the National Craft Gallery Cork
- Jameson Old Midleton Whiskey Distillery
- Blarney Castle: including the stone, the gardens, Blarney Woolen Mills, the largest Irish craft shop in all of Ireland, and the surrounding area of Blarney village
- Cahir with a guided visit of Cahir Castle
- For the potters:
- Five days of hands-on ceramic workshops in Kinsale with five professional ceramic artists
- Two evening ceramic lectures
- Meet members of the Society of Cork Potters at the Lavit Gallery
- For the non-potters:
- Fota House and Cobh Heritage town
- Guided tour of the Titanic Experience Museum
- Clonakilty and Timoleague Abbey
- DromBeg Stone Circle
- Viking settlement of Crosshaven and Camden Fort
- Optional: Lusitania Memorial Center and Ringfinnan 9/11 Garden of Remembrance
Lodging (4 hotels)
Jurys Inn, Christchurch (2 nights)
8 Christchurch Pl Wood Quay, Dublin
Phone: +34 935 52 96 96
Pembroke Hotel Kilkenny (1 night)
Patrick Street Kilkenny
Phone: +353 56 778 3500
Kinsale Actons Hotel (7 nights)
Pier Road Kinsale Co. Cork
Phone: + 353 (0) 21 4779900
Dunboyne Castle Hotel (1 night)
Maynooth Road Dunboyne Co. Meath
Phone: +353 1 801 3500
Included in the Registration:
- Lodging: 11 nights at bed and breakfast hotels
- All transfers to and from Dublin Airport by coach at a specified group meeting time
- Ground transportation: Luxury coach and professional driver for 13 days; transport from all hotels and venues at scheduled pick times.
- Ireland certified guide for 12 days
- Meals: 12 breakfasts; 3 group lunches; 3 group dinners
- Workshop facilities for potters with local ceramic artists. Artist workshops will provide a well-organized studio, clay, use of equipment, and all necessary clay tools.
- Entrance fees to venues to include (for potters and/or non-potters: see full itinerary for specific tour tracts), Trinity College/the Book of Kells, Museum of Archaeology, National Craft Gallery, Lusitania Center, Charles Fort, Kilkenny Castle, Jameson Distillery, Blarney Castle, Fota House, Titanic Museum, Camden Fort, Cahir Castle.
- Activities for non-potters during the times/events of ceramic workshops for potters
Not Included in the Registration:
- 17 meals
- Incidentals incurred at hotels
- Travel insurance
- Packing and shipping of ceramic pieces.
“This tour was an inspirational highlight of my life. I can’t wait to go on anther one!” —2018 ICAN Tour participant.
For pictures from other past trips, visit on our Events Gallery Page page!