What do cutting edge materials research and the investigation of ancient ceramic pots have in common? More than you might think! The connections are the basis of “AACS”, the Art, Archaeology and Conversation Science division of The American Ceramic Society.
ICAN members are invited to join “AACS” for only $10 per year (a $120 value).
Join “AACS” to get involved with the numerous intersection points between art and materials science!
With an AACS membership, ICAN Members can:
- Get online access to the ACerSBulletin, which publishes occasional articles related to cultural heritage and conservation science.
- Get online access to the ACerS/Wiley Journal of the American Ceramic Society, which includes occasional articles relating to art, archaeology and cultural heritage.
- Get online access to the ACerS membership directory to find others who share your interest in this area.
- Get a 35% member discount on ACerS/Wiley publications.
- Make connections between art and science. Connect with scientists, engineers, and professors interested in art, archaeology, and cultural science.
- Understand the latest cutting-edge research and learn about current research capabilities (for characterization).
- Engage scientists and engineers in issues important to the Potters Council.
- Attend biennial workshops at reduced member registration prices.
- Run for AACS officer positions and serve on division committees.
- Influence the program of ACerS conferences.
- Work with other ACerS members on art-science outreach activities.
“The great part of this new group is that there is something for everyone. By joining, you can tap into a wide range of people. There are scientists, artists, and conservators, just to name a few. AACS is for anyone who is interested in these topics whether they are a hobbyist or a professional in the field.”
–Lynnette Madsen, 2013 AACS Chair