Are you the clay world’s MacGyver?
Well, even if you’re not, you should enter our second DIY Clay Tools video contest! Ceramic artists are some of the most creative people out there when it comes to their tools of the trade. So, for our next contest, we are looking for videos showcasing tools made by you.
Have an ingenious tool you made from scratch? Make a video showing us how to make and use your tool! Have you repurposed an existing tool for an innovative new function? Demonstrate the tool being used for its new purpose.
And best of all:
Digital Ceramic Technologies has agreed to sponsor the contest by providing a terrific grand prize:
A Ricoh 430DN Digital Ceramic Printer (a $6000 value)!
Holy cow! If you like to use decals in your work, think of the fun you could have with this baby!
The entry deadline is Monday, September 10, 2012, so get out there and start filming!
How the contest will work:
Viewers will submit videos following the guidelines below. The Ceramic Arts Daily editorial staff will narrow the submissions down to three semi-finalists. The semi-finalist videos will be posted on the Ceramic Arts Daily website and visitors to the site will vote for the winner.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Include a demonstration or instructions for making the tool (if applicable)
- 5-10-minute videos showcasing your homemade or repurposed tool in action
and how it affects your work.
Videos will be judged by the following criteria:
- Creativity of presentation
- Production value of video
Important Note: If you plan to use a musical soundtrack for any portion of your video, it must be copyright-free or the appropriate permissions must be obtained.
The Technical Specs:
- Videos can be submitted in the following formats: MP4, AVI, ASF, WMV (Windows Media Video), MPEG1, MPEG2, 3GP, MOV, TS (MPEG-2), FLV (Flash Video), HD MKV(H.264, MPEG-2),MTS(AVCHD,H.264), M2TS(AVCHD, H.264), MOD(MPEG-2), HD WMV(VC-1), HD TOD(MPEG-2), HD MOV(MPEG-4, H.264)
- Videos should be more than five (5) and less than ten (10) minutes in length
Videos should be burned to a disc and mailed to:
DIY Clay Tools Contest
Ceramic Arts Daily
600 N. Cleveland Ave.
Westerville, OH 43082
- Deadline for Entries: Monday, September 10, 2012
- Finalists announced and voting opens to Ceramic Arts Daily readers: Week of September 24, 2012
- Winner announced: October 3, 2012
One lucky and creative winner will receive a Ricoh 430DN Digital Ceramic Printer (a $6000 value)!
Two runners-up can choose ONE of the following three prize packages:
* Free subscriptions to Ceramics Monthly AND Pottery Making Illustrated, PLUS a Potters Council membership
* Pick any FOUR handbooks from the Ceramic Arts Handbook Series
* Pick any two DVDs from the Ceramic Arts Daily Presents Video Series