Simple Elegance with Birdie Boone
FREEflicks: Watch the video above to learn how Birdie tests for the perfect glaze color!
As always, CLAYflicks subscribers can watch the full Simple Elegance video below! Click here for more free projects!
In this video, Birdie Boone shares her practical techniques for making lightweight, graceful pots with thin slabs, as well as her testing process for glaze color exploration. If your goal is creating refined handbuilt pots with perfect glaze surfaces, this video is what you need.
- Chapter 1 - Using Templates
- Chapter 2 - 2 Piece Press Mold
- Chapter 3 - Making a Papa Mug
- Chapter 4 - Making a Plate
- Chapter 5 - Making a Berry Bowl
- Chapter 6 - Teapot
- Chapter 7 - Teapot Press Mold Lid
- Chapter 8 - Color Run (See video at top of page for this chapter)
- Bonus - A Simple Cylinder Pattern
About the Artist
Birdie Boone was always encouraged to be creative and declared her intent to be a potter at the age of six. She went on to earn her BA from the College of William and Mary in Virginia in 1994, and her MFA in artisanry/ceramics from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, in 2005. Birdie has taught at Emory and Henry College in Virginia, and has been a resident artist at the Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts in Helena, Montana. To learn more about her and see more images of her work, please visit her website www.birdiebooneceramics.com.